IZURL's in InWorldz

How do you feel about mesh coming to Second Life?




According to Linden Lab:
In July, we will enable a limited set of regions to use Mesh and will roll it out, in a phased approach, throughout August. By the end of August, everyone in Second Life will be able to import Mesh objects. Of course, if we run into unforeseen issues or bugs, then this time line will need to shift.
I'm not sure how I feel about it because I haven't mastered Maya, Blender or any of the other 3D programs. I can only make very simple sculpted prims. What has me a bit nervous is this:
Mesh is going to really change that landscape in so very many ways. Entire categories of businesses might become redundant, giving rise to yet whole new industries. Classes of creators might vanish and be replaced by new classes.
I'm not sure how the prefab market will be effected. Even if I learned to build for mesh... How will things be textured? Will it look as realistic? Will it be a lot more work? Will prim building be obsolete? Will professionals 3D modelers replace us regular 'folks'? I don't know the answers to these questions, perhaps some of the readers do?

Second Life mesh-upload to be separately controlled

Share This Post


Related Posts

Next Post Previous Post
Author Best Blogger Templates Stroom Css by ZENVERSE