This Website Will Be Moving Soon


I'm already working on the new one but I don't have an estimate of when it will be "ready enough" to share the link. If you want to contact me please send an IM in Kitely to Koshari Mahana. Thanks!


Visit Four Winds on Coopersville in Kitely:

Coopersville Main Landing



An Amazing Victorian Home Photographed by an Amazing Young Man




The other day I turned on the news and I heard a story about a young man, Constantino Diaz-Duran, who is soon to be a U.S. citizen. He is walking across our country from east to west, NY to LA. The purpose of his journey, as I understand it, is to ask Americans what it means to be an American. When his journey ends, he too will be an American.
Constantino sets out on his walk across the United States
In his own words:
I came to this country a decade ago from Guatemala, full of aspirations – none greater than being able to someday call myself an American. It has been a blessing to reside legally in this great country, but now I am eligible for citizenship. I will no longer be a visitor, but will take a solemn oath to “support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic.” I will promise to “absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity” to the place where I was born. And I will even swear “that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law.” READ MORE
This is really one of those 'feel good' stories and I so look forward to following his travels. I will put putting a twitter widget on the sidebar here if you want to check in from time to time to see how he's doing. I'll also post any and all photos of Victorian houses that are as lovely as this!


There are several ways that you can follow Constantino:
Follow Constantino on Twitter:


Here is the map of his journey:

And a little bit more from Constantino:

I want to see the spacious skies, the amber waves of grain and the purple mountain majesties. But even more importantly, I want to meet Americans of as many different backgrounds, ages and lifestyles as I can. I want to ask them what it means to them to call themselves “American.” I want to talk to the people who live here but haven’t attained citizenship, to learn about their aspirations and why this nation remains a beacon upon a hill to so many around the world.

@ Jul 9, 2011

Share This Post


Related Posts

Next Post Previous Post
Author Best Blogger Templates Stroom Css by ZENVERSE